How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a quadro associated with a divorce. The ex took a

Customer Question

I have a quadro associated with a divorce. The ex took a distribution and now the IRS wants to tax me. I have a court date on 11/14/2016 to resolve. Does the IRS have to show I received the distribution check ?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No mam
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What was the distribution for? Alimony? Child Support? Property settlement? Did the ex took a distribution directly from your account or you made a roll over into his/her account and the distribution was made out of his/her account?