Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I have an employee that I just fired. He had borrowed $110

Customer Question

I have an employee that I just fired. He had borrowed $110 in cash for a couple of different reasons. Since being fired he claims he doesnt owe anything to me. Can I deduct that amount from his last check? Or how do I get reimbursed?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you have documented what he borrowed you can deduct it from his last paycheck. If you do not have it documented, than you are out of luck. You cannot hold his last paycheck or deduct it from his last paycheck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I documented it, but he did not sign it. Can I still deduct it?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Well, it will be his word against yours. Are there any witnesses? If it is not signed he can claim you made it up. Do deduct it, you will have to prove it that you gave him the money and he accepted it.