How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1888
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husbands drivers license are suspended for owing back

Customer Question

My husbands drivers license are suspended for owing back state taxes. It's a very large amount and we aren't able to pay it all at once. What are our options?
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: As far as taxes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Our taxes are filed other than an extension on our 2015
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. What tax years are the back taxes from?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think 2008-2012.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
His license are not expired but he was stopped today and when cop ran his lic. They were suspended and he now has a court date.
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 9 months ago.

That is awful. I am sorry that happened. What you would need to do would be to set up an installment agreement with the state. Let me get you some information regarding installment agreements. Please give me a moment.

Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 9 months ago.

You mentioned that the liability is large, I am assuming that you would not be able to pay the amount over 6 months?