How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4470
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I don't know what type lawyer to request, but I have 457

Customer Question

I don't know what type lawyer to request, but I have 457 plan (railroad employee) and am retired at 61 years of age. What % of my $150k can I take out each year?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 9 months ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 9 months ago.

You are old enough (>59 1/2) to take withdrawals from your plan as you see fit (unless you rolled certain other tax deferred retirement money into this plan). The 10% early distribution penalty will not apply.

There is no fixed percentage you must withdraw. Since you have retired, you can take any amount you choose. There is income tax to pay, but many retirees pay very little in taxes.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Please ask any follow up questions you may have, or rate my assistance with positive feedback if I have answered your questions. I'mCustomer