How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15197
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find out how much this costs, first. :) I am

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I am trying to find out how much this costs, first.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: :)
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am a 1099 contractor for a company that does not pay mileage for my travel. However, I sometimes receive mileage reimbursement from another company for driving to the same locations (at much less than the government allows). Can I claim the mileage as a deduction?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Not at the moment.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 9 months ago.

If you receive mileage from a different company as an independent contractor (in the same type of work) then that is added to your Schedule C income. All your mileage doing this work (for any company) is used to offset your income so you can claim the mileage from both jobs as a deduction.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)