Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

On form 8962 for 2015, how do you calculate modified AGI,

Customer Question

On form 8962 for 2015, how do you calculate modified AGI
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Dept of Treasury, Missouri sent letter stating that they received copy of Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement that showed advance payments of the premium tax credit made to my health insurance co. to reduce premium costs in 2015. Need to file Fed. tax return with Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, to reconcile these advance payments of the premium tax credit.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Here's the worksheet to calculate your modified AGI: https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8962/ch02.html#d0e591

Basically, you take your AGI from the return and add back excluded and nontaxable income.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

If dependents had any income, their AGI has to be included as well.

Any questions so far?