Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I need my 1988-89 W2 for employment information, how can i

Customer Question

I need my 1988-89 W2 for employment information, how can i obtain this copy.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am a school teacher and I'm needing proof that I was employed by LISD in 1988, this will help in my years of service.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No I just need my W2 from that year.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

The IRS will not be able to go back that far (they say 6 years is the time you can get copies form them) so you will need to contact SSA.

https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3836/how-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-wage-and-tax-statements-form

SSA has copies back that far.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

I wanted to check back with you and see if you contacted SSA about those W2s you need.