Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My 2015 1040 was revised and I don't have a copy because I

Customer Question
JA: The Accountant will know...
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My 2015 1040 was revised and I don't have a copy because I filed an e-file
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I'm file ror local property relief an dneed info
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
9/19/2016
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Dear Customer,

What you need is a copy of your Form 1040, 2015 tax return. There are several ways to get the copy.

1) To contact the e-file software company and ask them how you may go back into the software to print out a copy.

2) To sign in to the IRS website, to get a copy of your tax account transcript on line. This will be considered an official copy of your 2015 tax return. The tax return transcript should have the key numbers on your tax return. When you are on the website, you can print out other types of transcripts, too; but first the tax return transcript.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

3) Call the IRS customer services at(###) ###-####to request a copy of the tax return transcript to be mailed or faxed to you.

4) Walk in to an IRS local customer services center. They probably can print you a copy right there and then.

You will need some basic information to identify yourself for access to any of the above alternatives, such as your SSN, filing status, etc.

Please feel free to follow up.

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen