How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father had a sole proprietorship and was killed. His

Customer Question

My father had a sole proprietorship and was killed. His estate transfers to my mother. She would like me to run the business how do I transfer it to me?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, can you tell me where the business is located?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: death certificate, sales tax is due
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 9 months ago.

First of my condolences to you & your mother. My Dad was only 52 when we lost him, so I have some idea of what you must be going through.

Can you tell me what type of business is involved?

Are there specific assets or licenses that must be transferred in connection with continuing the business?

If so, can you give me an idea of what they may be?

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in.......................

I see that you have had a chance to review my response, but I haven't received the answers to my questions.

Are you able to answer those questions? If so, I can tell you how to best proceed.

Thanks very much,

Steve g.

Related Tax Questions