Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

My father had a sole proprietorship and was killed. His

Customer Question

My father had a sole proprietorship and was killed. His estate transfers to my mother. She would like me to run the business how do I transfer it to me?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, can you tell me where the business is located?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: death certificate, sales tax is due
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

First of my condolences to you & your mother. My Dad was only 52 when we lost him, so I have some idea of what you must be going through.

Can you tell me what type of business is involved?

Are there specific assets or licenses that must be transferred in connection with continuing the business?

If so, can you give me an idea of what they may be?

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in.......................

I see that you have had a chance to review my response, but I haven't received the answers to my questions.

Are you able to answer those questions? If so, I can tell you how to best proceed.

Thanks very much,

Steve g.