How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Irs question

Customer Question

irs question
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Sorry to hear. This happened with another client of mine. Just confirming that you called the IRS - trying to pinpoint. Thank you.

Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 9 months ago.

If you have called them already, write a short letter to with the following items:

  • Vital facts: name, mailing address, Social Security number on the tax return, and the year of the disputed tax return.
  • A sentence that the payment was made to the incorrect social security - your son's account
  • Copies of the documents necessary to prove your case — canceled check or copy of electronic payment from your bank statement, and a copy of your 1040 form.

Address your letter to the Adjustments/Correspondence (A/C) Branch at the service center that issued the notice. You should note the type of request you’re making at the extreme top of the letter — REQUEST TO ADJUST FORM [form number]. Use the bar-coded envelope that was sent with the notice to mail your letter.

Include a simple thank you and the telephone number where you can be reached in case the clerk at the IRS Service Center has any questions. Telephone contact between you and an IRS employee can take weeks off the Adjustments/Correspondence process.