How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3002
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not filed taxes for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. The

Customer Question

Hello. I have not filed taxes for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. The IRS sent a lock-in letter to my employer a while back which I was scared to respond to and since Dec 2015, I've been forced to Single with 0 withholdings. I have no children and I'm single, with no education or mortgage deductions. However, I do provide full support for my brother and his daughter- monthly rent, utilities, dentistry, etc (but I believe the mother has claimed her as a dependent in the past years). I live and earn my income in California. I need help as 32.5% of my bi-weekly checks are going to the IRS/taxes
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything else.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The IRS will not even talk to you until you file all the missing returns. Being up to date with the filing is the first and most important requirement to deal with the IRS. Once you file all missing returns than you can request installment agreement (if you owe additional taxes) and/or have the lock-in removed (if you do not owe any taxes or have an installment agreement in place.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

Any questions?