How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I transferred my business and the IRS is holding me

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I transferred my business and the IRS is holding me responsible for unpaid assesments from the new owner....first I thought my accountant did not file the necessary forms of the ownership transfer and now after searching on line I realize that the attorney that did the transfer documents never advised that the new owner will need a new EIN, how do i get these assesments removed from my name?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: how can i prove that i was not an owner of the business for the past 6 years?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

Hi. I'mCustomer I can assist.

The issues are pretty involved, and specific to your purchase, how it was done, and what had been done with either the trust fund recovery penalty or the alter ego assessment. Steps you have or have not taken, and your purchase contract also should be reviewed for liability or recourse.

I can assist, but this kind of review is really a professional service. I'll make an offer to assist through our offer of premium service option. Accepting creates a private link, and we can communicate directly via email or phone.