How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took early retirement in terms of my social security and I

Customer Question

I took early retirement in terms of my social security and I was aware there was a 1300 a month earning cap. What I was not aware of is that they're also hourly caps if you're self-employed. So I'm trying to think of a way I can make this work because I'm starting in real estate. So my thinking is could I form a business entity I have some or all of my real estate commissions paid into the business and today and then take them out after I'm 65 after deferring them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. You could form an S-Corporation. The S-Corporation earnings would not be considered self employment income. However, with an S-Corporation you would be required to pay yourself a reasonable salary. Also, with an S-Corporation you would have additional administrative costs associated with filing a tax return for the S-Corporation (1120S) and payroll tax reports (941, 940, W-2, W-3, A1-QRT, UC-018.