Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We are getting ready to by a mobile home with cash. Can I

Customer Question
We are getting ready to...
We are getting ready to by a mobile home with cash.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Can I deduct the purchase price on my taxes
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Also can we deduct the lot Rental fee on our taxes
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
9/8/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. You may be able deduct a small portion of the mobile home price. You are able to deduct either the state income taxes that you pay or the sales tax. So if you paid sales tax you would be able to claim this on schedule A.

Unfortunately you would not be able to deduct the rental fee on the lot.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor