Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I've not been doing a good job with organizing my personal

Customer Question
and Business document along with...
I've not been doing a good job with organizing my personal and Business document along with receipts and logging miles . I'm newly married and my husband said we will work on changing all of this .
He said that there is a lot of apps and software that can help us . He is researching apps that can be used with the iPhone to scan organize and file . He said this would be the best thing if a app like this exist since we have our phones on us all the time .
We do use quicken but I have not been doing a good job of scanning my receipts and categorizing. Please tell me what you might suggest
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
9/8/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

I would take a look at this app first: https://www.quicken.com/content/stay-connected-your-money

IN terms of scanning for records, I just use my iPhone and take a pic, but enter the numbers manually as I have an expense

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have that one . I was wanting one that I could keep everything in as far as documents , miles , receipts etc

This app may be a better fit for what you're looking for then

...

The app will scan and categorize receipts by amount, vendor and payment method, then file them according to tax category. The app creates expense reports and tracks mileage, and it also has a handy business card function.

...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shoeboxed-receipt-mileage/id322143854?mt=8

I'm guessing you've seen mint:

...

https://www.mint.com/

...

If you want to think about moving from QB to something simpler, you mught want to take a look at this:

...

https://www.godaddy.com/email/online-bookkeeping

SLICE syncs with your email inbox to pull information from your e-receipts and organize them all in one place. How does this help you come tax time?

...

Slice instantly helps you find the deductions AND the receipts that you may have forgotten about — things like textbook purchases, small business expenses, and travel expenses.

...

https://www.slice.com/

It then presents you with a list that you can browse through or export to a .CSV file. Slice is free to download and available for iPhone, Android and on the web.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney