Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I did my taxes using turbo tax now when I open turbo tas the

Customer Question
I did my taxes using...
I did my taxes using turbo tax now when I open turbo tas the file is gone. I find this to be happening on my tax years on my desktop what is happening
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Turbo tax was used to do my tax returns for years 2013 2014 2015 , as I tried to tell you earlier the files have been present in each year but have all gone missing. This happened before and I found somewhere to update turbo tax This made no sense to me but it worked. I tried it this time but that has not corrected the problem. I need to get this correcte quickly as I have to have these files
9/6/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Without knowing exactly what you have tried so far, please do the following:

To locate your tax file, you will also need to be logged into the same Windows user account you used when you created or saved it.

If you are unsure which account you used when you created or saved your tax file, repeat the steps below for each account on your computer.

1. Simultaneously press the Windows+F keys (or go to your Desktop and press F3).
  2. Type *.tax2015 (replace 2015 with the appropriate tax-year return you're looking for).
  3. In the search results, copy down the tax file's location or path. By default, TurboTax saves tax files in the My Documents > TurboTax folder.
    • Tip: Don't double-click the tax file in the search results to open it, as this may cause errors.
  4. After locating the path to the tax file on your computer, open your tax return using the same tax-year version of TurboTax (for example, open your 2015 return in the TurboTax 2015 program, not TurboTax 2014 or 2013).

Alternatively, you can contact TurboTax directly, and a representative can connect to your computer and remotely assist you. You can contact TurboTax at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Pacific time (11:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern), Monday through Friday.

Please let me know if you are successful.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent