How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7118
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an LLC in state. I am the only person inside of it,

Customer Question

I have an LLC in Washington state. I am the only person inside of it, and run taxes on my SSN.
I produce entertainment events - it involves working with a venue, or renting one, and selling tickets to customers. I buy talent and produce the events and make profit based on ticket sales only.
I do not yet have a Seattle Business License (and may not need one in this model-not sure)
Seattle has weird taxes. I'm trying to find out
a)do i need a seattle business license
b) Do i need to pay state B&O taxes? (i would start to be making over 12,000/year)
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 10 months ago.

Yes you need a Seattle Business License.

The Seattle Business License Tax (a/k/a B & O Tax) is based upon Gross Receipts. It doesn't kick in until you have Gross Receipts of $100,000. As an example, the tax on $100,000. of Gross Receipts is $215.

All of the required filings may be done online at:

Important Note:

Once you are registered, you must file the Seattle Business Tax Returns even if you have -0- revenue and -0- tax due.

Also, you didn't ask about this so I presume that you know that you must also register with the State of Washington which also has a B & O Tax that must be paid if you have sufficient Revenue. If you need to reference those specific online filing requirements, you may do so at:

Let me know if you have any follow questions I may assist you with.

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive my share of the payment that you already made to the site.

Thanks very much for using

Steve G.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in....................

Have you had a chance to view my response to your questions as yet?

Do you have any follow-up questions, or can I be of any further assistance on this question?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit (payment) for responding to your question. Without a rating, I am not compensated.

There is no charge for providing me with a rating.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 9 months ago.


Just checking in.....................

I'd like to close out this question before the end of the month, if possible.

I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to let me know if I can assist you further and/or if you would provide a rating for my responses as indicated above.

Thanks again,

Steve G.