Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a question about amending a 1065 return. I reversed a

Customer Question
Hi there. I have a...
Hi there. I have a question about amending a 1065 return.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I reversed a asset impairment in 2014 when I should not have done so (assets not all sold). To be clear the tax income was correct but the GAAP income was wrong. Can I or should I amend the return for a book correction?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
9/2/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. As long as the tax income is correct you do not need to amend the tax return.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney