How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in a 50-50 partnership with a small business.. My

Customer Question

I'm in a 50-50 partnership with a small business.. My partner wrote checks from the business acct without my knowledge.. We have worked out the issues of this on a personal level, however, the amount taken exceeds the amount I recvd in a partnership as our pay... We are doing our taxes in October as we asked for an extension... How do we handle the indifference in pay in a legal fashion on our taxes and/if/what would be the outcome... Laws broken? We have amended our relationship but do not know how to handle this money difference as we prepare our business and personal taxes... Need help ....please and thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. I am sorry that this happened. How were the checks treated by the partnership. Did these reduce your partner's capital account?