How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3372
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Concerning Texas Agricultural Tax exemptions. I need to know

Customer Question

Concerning Texas Agricultural Tax exemptions. I need to know if the service of a surveyor falls within the tax exemption. I have an ag tax number. The survey was to determine fence line between two working/exempt ranch that is under dispute.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

In order for the service to qualify for exemption, the item on which the service is performed must retain its identity as TANGIBLE PERSONAL PROPERTY, and be used exclusively on a commercial farm or ranch in a qualifying manner. “Retain its identity as tangible personal property” means the item has not been incorporated into realty (i.e. plumbed, wired or otherwise built into a structure or land). Once an item has been incorporated into realty, it becomes nonresidential real property.

The service of a surveyor would not qualify for the tax exemption because the service is not performed on tangible personal property. The service is being performed on real property (land).

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 10 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,