Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Concerning Texas Agricultural Tax exemptions. I need to know

Customer Question
if the service of a...
Concerning Texas Agricultural Tax exemptions. I need to know if the service of a surveyor falls within the tax exemption. I have an ag tax number. The survey was to determine fence line between two working/exempt ranch that is under dispute.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/31/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

In order for the service to qualify for exemption, the item on which the service is performed must retain its identity as TANGIBLE PERSONAL PROPERTY, and be used exclusively on a commercial farm or ranch in a qualifying manner. “Retain its identity as tangible personal property” means the item has not been incorporated into realty (i.e. plumbed, wired or otherwise built into a structure or land). Once an item has been incorporated into realty, it becomes nonresidential real property.

The service of a surveyor would not qualify for the tax exemption because the service is not performed on tangible personal property. The service is being performed on real property (land).

http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxinfo/taxpubs/tx94_101.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent