How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15328
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm being audited by IRS 4 2014 and I have some contractors

Customer Question

I'm being audited by IRS 4 2014 and I have some contractors that I did not give a 1099 two because I did not have the ein number or social security number can I still file my 1099
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm being audited IRS in and request they want me to write 10/99 to all the subcontractors that I used in the year 2014 but the problem is some of them I don't have their EIN number or social security number can I still file a 1099 or what can I do or is there a service out there that can help me obtain there he is or social security number
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.

You cannot get their SSN from a service. Those are protected by law and the person is supposed to give them to you and you probably know now that you should get that prior to paying or even contracting.

Complete the 1099MISCs needed and leave the number off. Filing them this late is going to mean that the IRS can fine you for not filing on time.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 10 months ago.


I am checking back to see if you were able to complete the 1099MISC forms you asked about.