How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have already submitted the TCR Form with the SEC and would

Customer Question

I have already submitted the TCR Form with the SEC and would like explain my situation and go over a 10-K filing to see if speculation is accurate.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

It is suggested that you wait for the SEC to respond to your TCR form. Supposedly, an investigator will be assigned to the case, every request. Then, the investigator should get in touch with you, then, you in a way will know about the progress of the case. However, there is no formal procedure for you to be kept in loop on the case progress report.

If you would like to follow up with further discussion and information and you would like to talk with a live person, just call the number below and leave a voice mail. You should be getting a response within 24 hours. "Thank you for your interest in the SEC’s Whistleblower Incentive Program. If you have additional questions, please contact the Office at(###) ###-####/a>."

However, if you have follow up information, you should consider just mailing the information in to follow up without waiting for response from the SEC first. "The Commission is only authorized to conduct investigations into possible violations of the federal securities laws. You should not expect the Commission to take any actions to the extent your information relates to conduct outside the scope or coverage of the federal security laws. We may, however, in appropriate circumstances, refer your matter to another regulatory or law enforcement agency."

Therefore, to make your case stronger, you may want to submit all information upfront without waiting.


Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP