How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am retired in California and is moving to Nevada. I have a

Customer Question

Hi. My name is*****
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am retired in California and is moving to Nevada. I have a house in California and want to leave it for my children. I heard that California FTB will still want to collect state income tax from me even after I move to Nevada if i keep a house in California. Is this true?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: i want to either keep the title in my name or transfer the title to my childreen
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. What are you planning to do with the home? How long have you owned the home? Has the home appreciated?