Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I currently live in the USA, I have dual citizenship, USA

Customer Question
Hi. I currently live in...
Hi. I currently live in the USA, I have dual citizenship, USA and Colombia. In Colombia we have a family company and We get money from the profits of the company and it is distribute monthly and deposited into a Colombian bank account. I know I have to report all world wide income, however my question is: do I have to pay taxes on that money? Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/25/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions.

Yes, you are correct you would need to pay taxes on your world wide income. Do you know what type of entity the Columbian business is? Is it a corporation? Do you pay taxes in Columbia personally on this money?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney