Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I'm estate administrator. The deceased had a 401K with no

Customer Question
I'm estate administrator. The...
I'm estate administrator. The deceased had a 401K with no beneficiary. It is going to the estate. It is $3,800. It will be passed to the sole heir. Does this count as "income" to the estate? Do I have to file 1041 because it exceeds $600?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/25/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Do you know if the plan administrator would pay the 401K to a default beneficiary (spouse or child)?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney