Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I need to take a $13000 disbursement from a roll over ira.

Customer Question

I need to take a $13000 disbursement from a roll over ira. What percent should I have withheld for federal and California taxes? I file jointly with my wife. We made$230,000 last year. I'm 58.
Category: Tax
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 11 months ago.

30% for Federal (it includes the 10% penalty for early withdrawal) and 10% for California. Best Regards.

In addition to the 10% for California is a 2 1/2 % penalty - which would make the withholding 12 1/2 % in total.

I hope I was able to help you. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. It will be at the top of the page - ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need any clarification of my response or have any further questions, I am here. Thank you. Have a wonderful afternoon.