How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 60 and recently retired. I get a pension that doesn't

Customer Question

I am 60 and recently retired. I get a pension that doesn't cover monthly expenses. The additional money I get from investment accounts and all taxable. I've been thinking of taking distributions from my Roth to reduce the tax burden. My expenses are higher now than they will be in 5 years. Is it a good idea to use a Roth now or let it grow tax-free and use other taxable accounts like I have been doing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Let me get a bit more information from you. Are you married? Approximately what is your Adjusted Gross Income? Do you usually itemize?