Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My son died in 2014 at the age of 18 while in Indiana. I

Customer Question
My son died in 2014...
My son died in 2014 at the age of 18 while in Indiana. I filed his 2014 return but at the time was not the executor. In 2015 I moved to Illinois and his 1 account earned $1490 in unearned income under my son's SS#. I did not file as I was not yet the executor. In 2016, I was named Executor. Do I need to file a 1041 for 2015? A local adhoc accountant said no; only income that occurred under his EIN# ***** was given in 2016 which will look to be about $800. When I file in 2016 as the Executor, am I only covering the 2016 income and do I say Illinois or Indiana? My youngest son 16 will become the beneficiary of all the older boys estate in 2016.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/17/2016
Tax Professional: Legalease, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

-

Where is this unearned income coming from into your son's estate?

-

Did anyone file a 2015 tax return for the 2015 income?

-

MARY

Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer