How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not received my tax refund for 2013 every time I call

Customer Question

I have not received my tax refund for 2013 every time I call they say it is being processed
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

There are several ways to elevate the request. The most direct and easiest way to request help from the Taxpayer Advocacy Services. They help us when we have exhausted all alternatives with the IRS and still cannot get the issue resolved. I think your case will qualify. Once they take your case, they will represent you before the IRS at least to find out why first. The Taxpayer Advocate Service is within the IRS, but independent of the IRS. It is like a congressional wing in the IRS to help the IRS. The employees are still IRS employees.

I am attaching the information below. Give them a call. Be very patient. They ask many, many questions because they want to make sure that the Taxpayer has done everything possible in dealing with the IRS. So, be patient with them. But once they take your case, they are very efficient and effective. They touch the case every 30 days and depending on the complexity of the issue, they usually can get the answer or issue resolved much faster than we can. Even professionals like us rely on them and ask for their help when we run into the wall or corner with the IRS procedures. A lot of times, they only have voice mail to take messages, but they get back to us, hopefully, in three days. Sometimes, our request to TAS will get lost too. But TAS is your last step. After we can call our congressional senator and representatives to help us. But at this point, TAS will be sufficient.

The contact information is from the website drop down list. You can go to page to find your area's representative. Or, they may give you a call back to give you the right location to contact.


JFK Building
15 New Sudbury St.
Room 725
Boston, MA 02203
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

Further reference material is also enclosed for you to read on.


Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP