Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I want to know if I owe the irs, i received a phone call

Customer Question
I want to know if...
I want to know if I owe the irs
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i received a phone call from someone claiming to be from irs. they said i owe 9600.00 in taxes. i don't know if this is real or not.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I've always filed my taxes every year with a tax service so i am really scared here.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/16/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The easiest way to find out if you owe is to call the IRS early in the morning or late in the evening or request your online transcript.

You can request the transcript here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Ask for an account transcript, not return transcript. This will show all your tax liability, payments, refunds and such.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser