Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

As an Indian company, do you have to set up a subsidiary

Customer Question
company in the US/Europe countries...
As an Indian company, do you have to set up a subsidiary company in the US/Europe countries if you want to invest in real estate in those countries? Can you elaborate on the process/any major red flags/restrictions associated in such a transaction?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/12/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I would be happy to help you with your questions. As an Indian Company you would be limited to either an LLC or a C-Corporation. Since you are investing in real estate an LLC would make the most sense. As a foreign member in a LLC, there is a 35% withholding rate on the taxable earnings of the LLC. You would also be subject to FIRPTA withholding on the sale of real property.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney