Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I just filed my 2015 fed return 10 minutes ago using taxact

Customer Question
e-file because I am recieving...
I just filed my 2015 fed return 10 minutes ago using taxact e-file because I am recieving a refund.
I made a mistake (put in the wrong dollar amount) answering the question for my 2014 line 37 (to show proof of who I am?)
What can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/12/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question.

It sounds like you submitted the returns for electronically filing. What is likely to happen is that the returns will reject because of error in answers the question. If this happens you would need to correct the error and resubmit the returns. If the returns are not rejected you do not need to do anything.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor