How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1830
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just filed my 2015 fed return 10 minutes ago using taxact

Customer Question

I just filed my 2015 fed return 10 minutes ago using taxact e-file because I am recieving a refund.
I made a mistake (put in the wrong dollar amount) answering the question for my 2014 line 37 (to show proof of who I am?)
What can I do
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question.

Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 10 months ago.

It sounds like you submitted the returns for electronically filing. What is likely to happen is that the returns will reject because of error in answers the question. If this happens you would need to correct the error and resubmit the returns. If the returns are not rejected you do not need to do anything.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.