Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I have an EIN with a company I formed in Wyoming. I want to

Customer Question

I have an EIN with a company I formed in Wyoming. I want to transfer it to my company in Texas that has an EIN that was never used. I am closing the Wyoming company but all jobs and checking accounts are under this EIN. How do I do that?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. I am a little confused. Let me see if I understand you correctly. You want to transfer the EIN for the WY company to the Texas company.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am dissolving the wyoming company because all my work is in Texas. but all my checking accounts and W9 are in the Wyoming EIN. I have never used the EIN for the Texas company. I am doing an internal document to transfer all my wyoming work to my Texas company.

I do not believe that is allowed. Please give me a few moments to look into this further.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to dissolve the EIN that was assigned to the Texas company because it was never used
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please just email me what you find out, I was just called into a meeting. Thanks!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
did you find anything out?

Yes, you are not able to transfer the EIN to the Texas Company. Did you want to continue as the Wyoming entity?

I am trying to understand the reason that you want to transfer the number.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The reason is that I don't have to change my checking a accounts and all my w9's because I am going to do a DBA in Texas using my Wyoming name. In other others my Trxas company names is Cams Global and going to do a DBA for Wyoming name of Construction & Maintenance Services Global. All the work I have done has been using the Wyoming Fein. Do you realize what a hassle it is to change bank accounts also. It took 90 days before they stopped putting holds on my checks. And they would put 5 to 10 day holds. If I change ein numbers then I have to create a new bank account and start all over again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't want to keep the Wyoming company.

Transferring a EIN between corporation is not allowed. Is it possible to dissolve the Texas corporation and move the Wyoming corporation to Texas?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know. How do you do that? If you are saying to register it as a foreign entity, then that costs $2600.00 and don't want to spend that.

That is what I was saying. Ok that is not an option.

I am sorry. I do not know of a way where you can transfer the EIN. You are going to need to go through the hassle of changing the bank account.