Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have an EIN with a company I formed in Wyoming. I want to

Customer Question
I have an EIN with...
I have an EIN with a company I formed in Wyoming. I want to transfer it to my company in Texas that has an EIN that was never used. I am closing the Wyoming company but all jobs and checking accounts are under this EIN. How do I do that?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/10/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. I am a little confused. Let me see if I understand you correctly. You want to transfer the EIN for the WY company to the Texas company.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am dissolving the wyoming company because all my work is in Texas. but all my checking accounts and W9 are in the Wyoming EIN. I have never used the EIN for the Texas company. I am doing an internal document to transfer all my wyoming work to my Texas company.

I do not believe that is allowed. Please give me a few moments to look into this further.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to dissolve the EIN that was assigned to the Texas company because it was never used
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please just email me what you find out, I was just called into a meeting. Thanks!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did you find anything out?

Yes, you are not able to transfer the EIN to the Texas Company. Did you want to continue as the Wyoming entity?

I am trying to understand the reason that you want to transfer the number.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The reason is that I don't have to change my checking a accounts and all my w9's because I am going to do a DBA in Texas using my Wyoming name. In other others my Trxas company names is Cams Global and going to do a DBA for Wyoming name of Construction & Maintenance Services Global. All the work I have done has been using the Wyoming Fein. Do you realize what a hassle it is to change bank accounts also. It took 90 days before they stopped putting holds on my checks. And they would put 5 to 10 day holds. If I change ein numbers then I have to create a new bank account and start all over again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want to keep the Wyoming company.

Transferring a EIN between corporation is not allowed. Is it possible to dissolve the Texas corporation and move the Wyoming corporation to Texas?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know. How do you do that? If you are saying to register it as a foreign entity, then that costs $2600.00 and don't want to spend that.

That is what I was saying. Ok that is not an option.

I am sorry. I do not know of a way where you can transfer the EIN. You are going to need to go through the hassle of changing the bank account.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney