How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12023
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an IRS montly gareement plan with IRS and they dedcut

Customer Question

Hi. I have an IRS montly gareement plan with IRS and they dedcut money from my account every month. I need to chnge this accoint number they have. where should i sen a request for account change ???
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i Just need the address wher i have to send my request
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no i just need to chnge my account number with them
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

I'm so sorry, but you will need to call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** weekdays from 7am to 7pm YOUR local time.


Shortest wait times are typically tues through thursday.


There are lots of ways to send $ electronically but for an existing installment agreement, so sorry, you must call so that they can tie the agreement to the pmts.


I've had clients try to use other means and the system (even when choosing the appropriate tax year) isn't able to link the payment to the specific installment agreement itself.


I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content. Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here.

Thank you!


I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.