How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe back taxes for Califonia 1999, i checked on my job

Customer Question

i owe back taxes for Califonia 1999, i checked on my job website but its just too far in the past, no results.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I quit my job in 1999, and I had a small amount of stocks that i cashed out but i failed to pay the penalty for withdrawing the funds, and now i have lived in Las Vegas since 2001. finally the California Franchise Tax Board has caught up to me and is attempting to garnish my wages, I contacted CFTB and they want a financial statement but also to file the 1999 taxes in which i need the 1999 w2 in order to have the correct info .
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: thats all
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The only place you can get copies of your W2 so far back is Social security office or your employer. But I doubt your employer, if still in business had kept his records for so many years.

Normally SSA charge a fee for each copy, but if you need it to file your federal or state tax return, the fee can be waived. Here's how to get it:

You will need to fill out the form 714 and mail it to the Baltimore office. It may take few weeks to get it.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?