Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Payroll Training free on line: I live in the State of

Customer Question
Arizona in the city of...
Payroll Training free on line: I live in the State of Arizona in the city of Tucson. I need to know how to prepare payroll for federal and state and the city of Tucson as well as Pima county.
I also need to know how to prepare payroll in Green Valley Arizona and would like to know what county Green Valley is located as I need to know if Tucson and Green Valley require local payroll tax.
I need free links for training as to how to prepare payroll for both of these cities and the state and federal laws.
What are the forms to have employees sign up for payroll and how do I prepare payroll with links for payroll training and certification.
Also what forms are required for submital of payroll tax and where and when to send as well as how to prepare and send payroll tax returns.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
8/8/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. I am a CPA from Arizona (Phoenix). For Arizona you would need to file Federal, State withholding, and State Unemployment. There are no local or county taxes. The payroll taxes for Tucson and Green Valley would be calculated the same way.

The quarterly forms that you would need to file are the following: Form 941(Federal), A1-QRT (Arizona Withholding), and UC-018 (Arizona Unemployment Tax). Did you complete an Arizona Joint Tax Application to obtain your Withholding number for Arizona and a State Unemployment number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need a link and free training as to how to prepare and send these forms

Let me see what I can find for you. Please give me a few moments. Are you using any accounting software?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to know how to do these items as well as how to apply for and obtain the required forms and link to the Arizona site and federal site.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Manual for now and would set up on Excel until I get training.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where do I get free payroll training on line for preparing training and what are the links for Arizona and payroll laws and definitions

Sorry, I needed to step away from the computer. I will post you several links. Please give me a few moments.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf Federal guide for employers.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf (completed by new employees)

uscis.gov/sites/default/files/form/I-9.pdf (completed by new employees)

hr.vanderbilt.edu/Forms/Arizona-A-4.pfd (completed by new employees - Arizona version of W-4)

newhire-reporting.com/downloands/azform.pdf (complete by employer for each new hire submitted to AZ)

azdor.gov/Portals/0/ADOR-forms/TY2015/10100/10196_withoutCities_f.pdf (AZ Joint Tax Application - needed to obtain a AZ withholding number and a AZ unemployment number.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney