How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my 2290s for 2014...were filed on 5-11-15 for

Customer Question

I lost my 2290s for 2014...were filed on 5-11-15 for 17,600.00 cant remember who I went thru to file...I need a copy
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: houser transport inc
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

You can always obtain a copy of the tax return from the IRS. You can call the IRS or walk into an IRS regional customer service center to request one. You can also use Form 4506 or 4506-T and mail it in. The electronic transcript requested by Form 4506-T is usually good for general purpose. If you need an exact copy, fill out 4506. The turnaround time for 4506-T is usually about 10 days to two weeks. Form 4506 can take up to three months. If you just need to prove that you filed the return, request for a return history transcript.


Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP