How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15720
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are some avenues of collection for delinquent BAbd O

Customer Question

What are some avenues of collection for delinquent BAbd O taxes owed to city
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


Washington, unlike many other states, does not have an income tax. Washington’s B&O tax is calculated on the gross income from activities.

Many Washington cities impose a local B&O tax. This tax is in addition to the B&O tax imposed by the state of Washington. The Department of Revenue does not administer or collect local B&O taxes.

Multiple cities within the State of Washington have a Voluntary Disclosure Program which encourages unregistered businesses to comply with that city’s tax laws and to voluntarily register and pay prior obligations.

The link below provides information about city B&O taxes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I needed law for West Virginia
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for posting the state.

In West Virginia you should contact the mayor’s office or the treasurer’s office in the city in where the business operates.

The city can place liens on assets and accounts if the tax is not paid.