How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a capital gain of $ 504 from a foreign mutual fund I

Customer Question

I have a capital gain of $ 504 from a foreign mutual fund I purchased 7 years ago and soold this month. I did not have any other distributions.I understand form 8621 has to be filed and my question is regarding making the entries. I think I leave line 15a blank and start entries from line 15f. I enter the gain on 15f,income allocated to 2016 in 16b, total prior year tax(aggregate increase in tax) on 16c and interest on 16f. I will also attach a statement. Kindlylet me know if this is correct.If not what is wrong.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I think I have briefly stated the problem. I just want a confirmation if I am correct.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Usually, selling a foreign mutual fund doesn't require 8621. How did you invested in this fund? How was the sale reported to you?