Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need a copy of my w-2 employee reference wage and tax for

Customer Question
hi! i need a copy...
hi! i need a copy of my w-2 employee reference wage and tax for the NVC for my daughter to take to her interview for her visa
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my daughter Dianne Phillip would be joining here in Miami to live and she has to carry the original of the w 2 2015.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Any thing else you would like to know no problem, N V C invoice id number is 27160416.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/30/2016
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Dear Visa Applicant,

What happened to your 2015 W-2? Did you lose it?

Can you get your employer to give you a copy?

When they issue you the W-2, they gave you four copies. What happen to them? Did you have someone who prepared your tax return? That person probably still has a copy.

Also, in order to show steady income, it is better if you have your w-2 for several years.

Your daughter probably needs copies of your tax return, too. You can give her copies of yours for several years.

This is a professional answering website. We don't need her name or her visa, interview ID number.

Please feel free to follow up with more information or if you are ready, you can rate me for your satisfaction level to my answer to your question.

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you since you requested a different expert to answer your question.

If you do not have a copy of your 2015 W-2, you can request a copy from your employer. Since you are looking for your W-2 for 2015, this should be readily available and provided by your employer.

You can also obtain a copy of your W-2 from Social Security, but there is a fee of $37.00. The following link contains information about requesting a copy from Social Security:

https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3836/how-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-wage-and-tax-statements-form

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent