Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

If someone hit the Powerball lotto for 50000.00 do they take

Customer Question

If someone hit the Powerball lotto for 50000.00 do they take taxes out on it and would it effect their regular it's debate at the end of the year
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions.

The lottery would withhold Federal and State taxes.

Of course in Florida they would not withhold the state tax.

The government wants their money. The best chance of collecting is if a portion is withheld once you receive your winnings.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification. I am happy to help.