Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am getting ready to apply Security. I receive a pension.

Customer Question
I am getting ready to...
I am getting ready to apply for Social Security. I receive a pension.
Are taxes withheld from social security, if not I need to up the tax withholding from the pension so I equal out at the end of the year
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/27/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions.

Taxes are not normally withheld from Social Security. However, you can request that they do withhold taxes.

You do have the option for Social Security to withhold taxes.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification. I am happy to help.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor