How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15733
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2016, I had two personal cars that I used -related

Customer Question

In 2016, I had two personal cars that I used for business-related travel. Schedule C part IV allows only one vehicle. Is there a way to report mileage from two vehicles?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


If you have 2 vehicles then the first vehicle is reported on the Schedule C, Part IV, Line 43. For the second vehicle, create an attachment to the return "Additional Information from your (YEAR) Federal Tax Return."

The Schedule C will have both vehicle expenses combined. The additional information form would have the specifics about the second vehicle (place din service date, miles, commuting miles, is your evidence written and so on.

When you use soft ware or a program the additional information sheet is automatically made for you.

Please do not forget or ignore to give a positive rating (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES). It adds nothing to your costs but it assists me.

Expert:  nicolas-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see how you responded