Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can you check if a small business filed income taxes? There

Customer Question
can you check if a...
can you check if a small business filed income taxes?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: There was a non profit fundraiser held by a small business, and I suspect the money from that fundraiser was just pocketed. It should be part of their business tax return which I also suspect was never filed. Can this be checked out?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Not really at this time
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/27/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

...

Altough tax returns of private companies are private documents, (where we'd be looking for a charitable contribution) on their tax return ... NON-profits' tax returns are public documents.

...

You can look for (1) the contribution revenue coming ino the non-profit and then (2) after looking at the non-profit's 990 or 990-T speak specifically with the non-profit, if the amouits were small enough that they wouldn't be delineated on the return.

...

What's the non-profit here? (I'd also be gald to make the call and check with them for you.)

...

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS