Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Need EIN confirmation of 98-0666170

Customer Question

need EIN confirmation of 98-0666170
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

If you previously applied for and received an EIN for your business, but have since misplaced the confirmation letter the IRS sends out (computer-generated notice that was issued by the IRS when you applied for your EIN),

you can ask the IRS to search your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-#### ***** hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it.

They will even fax you a confirmation of your EIN.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)

Checking to see how you responded