Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I was told I need an international tax clearance code. I

Customer Question
never heard of this. How...
I was told I need an international tax clearance code. I never heard of this. How do I get one?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was supposed to be paid into a bitcoin account and they said I need this code to receive funds
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I live in Pennsylvania USA
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/26/2016
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Dear Bitcoin Issue,

I have been in international environment in my life for the apparent reason with the last name of Chen.

I also have worked with the IRS and in general forensic accounting and financial, tax issues for years. I also have some basic understanding about bitcoin because of my IRS training in financial products and transactions.

Everything I can find on international tax clearance code is for other non-US countries and most of them are related to some type of shame transactions or scam.

Would you please a sort of telling me a little more information on this bitcoin account thing?

Thank you so very much. This could also due to my ignorance. To help me find answer to your question, please kind just tell me a little more on the background.

Thank you.

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is supposed to be an investment group located in the UK and Canada. they pay by using different types of accounts like bitcoin, perfect money, nether etc. I have been trying to make a withdraw and now they say I need this international tax code

Dear Bitcoin Account,

Did you pay into some investment already and now you want to withdraw money back and they ask you to give them an international tax clearance code? How much money are we talking about?

How did you pay into the investment? On line? through an American institution? Did the investment group approached you? Do you know their physical location for sure?

Regards,

Fiona

Dear Bitcoin Account,

I have not heard back from you. Hopefully, I did not concern you unnecessarily.

I will give you several links below which have some similar characters for your reference. One of them is an old just answer.com question answer section.

You may need to contact your state's attorney's office, the federal agencies such as FBI, SEC, etc. for further investigation, etc. Contact the financial institutions through which you wire the money. If it is a relatively large institutions, they may have an internal unit dealing with issues like this. If your investment is relatively sizeable, get in touch with an attorney. At least an attorney in this specialty directly work for you.

Please feel free to follow up with more questions. Otherwise, I am ready to be evaluated by you for your satisfaction on my answer to your questions.

Regards,

Fiona

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiuwtupwpDOAhXMsh4KHVwsCiUQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justanswer.com%2Ftax%2F1i86f-tax-clearance-code-request.html&usg=AFQjCNFd9TzPTgz6AfT8K6AQ_nISV75T-Q

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080914133954AAHSL3j

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen