Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My wife gets $200 a month spousal support.Does this income

Customer Question
have to go the nursing...
my wife gets $200 a month spousal support.Does this income have to go the nursing or will ex have to pay here share of property taxes and homeowners ins.premium?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/21/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

The spousal support is taxable to the ex spouse that receives it. The ex spouse that pays gets to deduct that from their income.

You ask does it "have to go to the nursing" and that is not clear. Please explain what you mean by that.

Paying one's share of property taxes and insurance would depend on who received the home in the divorce.

If you can let me know about those 2 items we can continue.

Checking to see if you responded

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4