How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15175
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I used turbo tax in 2014 to efile. is there a way to recover

Customer Question

I used turbo tax in 2014 to efile. is there a way to recover that 1040
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.


I checked the TurboTax site for getting a prior year copy and here is the instructions TurboTax posted:

f you paid for TurboTax this year, you can download every return until October 2017. If you didn't pay to file this year, you need to upgrade and pay for TurboTax before you can download old tax returns.

  1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Click the Taxes tab in the top-left corner.
  3. Then, scroll to the bottom and click the Load My Tax Timeline link in the bottom-right. Every year that you have used TurboTax Online will appear.
  4. Click on the year you are looking for and click the Download/print return (PDF) link. Your tax return will start downloading automatically.

If that doe snot work for you then you can get a copy from the IRS. When requesting your copy, you can choose either a tax return transcript, which is free, or an exact copy which costs.

Exact copies include your W-2s and all attachments, and are available back to 2009. To order, fill out Form 4506. Please allow up to 75 days for delivery.

Please remember that you are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) so I am credited with responding.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.

Checking to see if you used the instructions and how you responded