Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My accountant said that he filed my taxes but i have not

Customer Question
gotten them backyet...
My accountant said that he filed my taxes but i have not gotten them backyet
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
7/17/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Do you have your copy of the return?

If you have your copy then you can check to see if your return was processed (for federal and NY state).

You will need information from the returns to check the status so I need to know if you have your copies that the accountant was supposed to provide to you.

https://www8.tax.ny.gov/PRIS/prisStart

The above is a link to check the NY state return.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

This second one is for federal.

You will need to know your exact refund as shown on the return, your filing status, and of course your Social Security Number.

You can check if it has been

• 24 hours after your return was e-filed or
  • 4 weeks after mailing your paper return.

You can post below to add more information or respond

Checking to see if you responded

Checking to see if you resolved your problem after you read my post.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4