Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Need to amend my 2015 taxes. Need to print a copy of my

Customer Question
return. Can't access my account....
need to amend my 2015 taxes. Need to print a copy of my return. Can't access my
account.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/15/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

How did you prepare your returns? What account are you not able to access.

It is possible to obtain a income tax transcript of your return from the IRS.

The above link is to the IRS website to allow you to obtain a transcript of the tax return. You can obtain one electronically or you can request a copy to be sent by mail. Electronically will allow you to have instant access to the information. By mail it will take 5-10 days (or longer).

The information needed to obtain your transcript electronically is the following:

• your SSN, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from latest tax return,
  • access to your email account,
  • your credit card number or account number from an auto loan, mortgage, home equity loan or home equity line of credit, and
  • a mobile phone with your name on the account.

By mail you would just need to provide your Social Security Number, Date of Birth, and the address you used to file the return.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or need clarification.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor